We are not equipped to handle severe injuries, OB/GYN, chronic diseases, mental health conditions or wound care.
We do not provide financial assistance or fill prescriptions from other facilities.
To be seen in The CARE Clinic you must:
- be an adult resident of Cumberland County,
- have no insurance, including Medicaid,
- meet an income requirement. Proof of household income required and
- Have a valid, NC DMV issued picture ID card or Driver License withcurrent address showing that you reside in Cumberland County.
Clinics are primarily staffed by volunteers. Medical clinics are every Tuesday, Thursday and the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
Dental clinics are every Tuesday and 2nd & 4th Wednesday. All appointments are made on a space available basis.
The CARE Clinic relies entirely on the generosity of donors, grants from foundations and annual fundraising events to provide
health services at no charge. Patients are given the opportunity to make a donation at the time of their visit.
CARE Clinic patients assisted in their own care by donating $238,700 since our doors opened in 1993!
- We do not take walk-ins.
- Appointments are made only by PHONE.
- Medical appointments may be made Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Dental appointments are made on Fridays from 9:00 AM to 12 Noon for the following week.
- To cancel an appointment, you MUST call by 8:00 AM the day of the appointment and leave a message on the answering machine in order not to be penalized.
- For information on making an appointment, call 910-485-0555.
- We serve patients each Tuesday and Thursday and the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays, 5:30-8:30 p.m.